Amira Abdi biography
Director and founder of oriental dance school «Amira», professional oriental dancer, master teacher and choreographer of oriental dance, director and producer of dance shows and concerts, orientalist, organizer of International Oriental Dance festival «Arabiana» in Kiev.
- 2005, March - 1 st place, professionals, raks sharki, Oriental dance championship "Triumph of Dance", Donetsk, Ukraine
- 2005, June - 1st place, professionals, raks sharki, Oriental dance championship "Triumph of Dance", Donetsk, Ukraine
- 2006 - 2nd place, show belly dance, Ukrainian Championship among professionals "Shіdna Zirka", Lviv
- 2006 - 1st place, professionals, oriental folk dance, Ukrainian Oriental Dance Championship, IDO, Kiev
- 2006 - Winner of the special title «Renaissance of the Oriental Dance», International Oriental dance festival "Bastet", Donetsk
- 2012 -2 nd place in oriental folk dance, Bellydancer of the world in 2012, Duisburg, Germany
- National Academy of Culture and Arts, dance artist, choreographer of folk dancе
- National Technical University of Ukrainе
- Professional make up school of Nataliya Nayda, make up artist
At the age of 8 Amira started practicing classical ballet and folklore dances.
At the age of 14 after visiting her relatives in the Middle East she fell in love with oriental culture and started studying oriental dance together with Arabic language, history and art.
In order to learn more about eastern culture has traveled the Middle and Far East. She Visited Egypt, Turkey, Lebanon, Iran, Tunisia, Syria, India, UAE, Algeria and Malaysia.
Took private classes with the founder of Cairo National Troupe Mr. Mahmoud Reda and Raqia Hassan (the organizer of the famous oriental dance festival Ahlan wa Sahlan)
Since 2000 till now performs on shows and concerts and teaching workshops all over Ukraine
In 2002 Amira founded the first oriental dance school in Kiev presently counting more than 300 students. Through her years of professional teaching experience, Amira has mastered the art of dance instruction to artists of all levels.
Since 2005 till now annually Amira takes part in “Nilegroupe” and “Ahlan wa Sahlan” Oriental dance festivals in Cairo, Egypt.
Took workshops with Raqia Hassan, Amani of Lebanon, Farida Fahmi,Magdy El Leisy, MomoKadous, Dalia, Jahan, AlaaYusef, Randa Kamal, Camelia, Mona El Said, Khaled Mahmoud, Freiz, Zeina, Dandash, DawlatEbrahim, Leila of Cairo, Wafeek Kamal, Orit Maftsir, Nesrin, Tito, Liza Laziza, Hassan Khalil, Faruk Mustafa, Aida Nour, Kazzafi, Sami Khouri, Georgette Gebara, Francois Rahme, АmirThaleb, Princess Farhana, Аsmahan, Farida Seidi, Jillina.
In 2006 Amira Abdi was the first oriental dancer to represent Ukraine in Amani Oriental Festival in Beirut, Lebanon
Since 2007 Amira has become a member of jury in oriental dance competitions
In 2008 she organized the First International Oriental festival in Kiev where she invited famous choreographers - Leila Jouvana and Roland, Magdy El Leisy and Schachlo
In 2009 Amira founded “Ishtar “-the first professional oriental dance troupe in Ukraine, which won numerous awards on Ukrainian belly dance and folklore dance competitions.